Supermicro® Total Solution for Canonical OpenStack
Canonical OpenStack provides the easiest way to design, deploy, manage, scale and upgrade OpenStack clouds.
Supermicro and Canonical have partnered to deliver OpenStack on Ubuntu, the most popular platform for OpenStack deployments. Canonical is committed to OpenStack by producing high quality releases of OpenStack on a cadence with OpenStack Foundation releases, and Enterprises.
Supermicro Canonical OpenStack Certified Platforms
Join with more than 70% of production OpenStack clouds by building yours with Supermicro and Canonical.
- Validated reference architectures
- Certified components
- Scale out – One rack to many racks
- Greenest Servers for the Cloud – Save hundreds of dollars per server
- Lowest Cost – Best Performance / Watt / $ / ft2
- Start as a pro by leveraging expertize support and services
Enterprise support for OpenStack is provided by Canonical in partnership with Supermicro where customers gain access to a global pool of knowledge & expertise. The partnership offers:
- Discovery and design service – Together, we design your cloud to the required size and specifications —on your site, in your datacenter or hosted with one of our partners.
- Bootstack service – Our experts take full responsibility for the deployment, management, monitoring and 24/7 availability of your new cloud
- Transfer Control – As and when you decide to take control of your cloud back in house, we will train your team on its operations to ensure a smooth handover
*Racking & Cabling (with 3rd party switches); Racking & Cabling Engineering Drawing; SMC will not be responsible for 3rd party switch configuration
**Require SOW Onsite Survey; Onsite logistics; Racking & Cabling (with 3rd party switches); Racking & Cabling Engineering Drawing
***Please consult with Supermicro-OpenStack Solution Team for all Canonical OpenStack related solutions. Any parts purchased individually without full testing and certification may not be fit for Canonical OpenStack Solutions. Please be advised to purchase the right services and warranty above for Canonical OpenStack related products to avoid the compatibility issues. Please also note not every service above is mandatory. Supermicro solution team is willing to help you build the right solutions anytime.
The Supermicro Canonical OpenStack cloud supports various configurations beyond the tested & validated reference architecture. Canonical guarantees that when deployed on any certified Supermicro platform that Canonical OpenStack will “just work”. Customers have options depending on their level of expertise with OpenStack. BootStack is a turnkey, fully managed OpenStack operation for those just getting up to speed with OpenStack. For experienced OpenStack customers, we offer training services on how to use Canonical tooling to build, manage, scale & upgrade the OpenStack cloud you support independent of Canonical & Supermicro.